Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Steps Toward A More Satisfying Life

I noticed this article on No Impact Man today, and found a special relevance.


Yesterday, when speaking to Isaac on the phone, I asked him to tell me something good that happened today. The author of the article calls it, paying "attention to life's momentary pleasures and wonders."

My good thing yesterday was an especially tricky solution at work. After some encouragement, Isaac's good thing was playing in the hot tub.

While we have practiced this at times as a family, I hope to continue this exercise on a more routine basis.
For example, this morning while driving into work, I noticed the most amazing sunrise reflection off the downtown buildings. I admit, the buildings may not be of much use, but they do make a glorious sunrise/sunset prism sculpture.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this suggestion--I'm still thinking about mine. Mom