Thursday, April 17, 2008

Can You Show Your Work


Most Thursday nights, we study for Isaac's spelling test, which routinely occurs on Friday. Additionally, we all read to each other; in my opinion, covering English subjects quite thouroughly. However, it seems a frequent discussion of math topics was being neglected (unless you count chess games).

To address this, we introduced some simple algebra concepts; such as, how to solve for a variable using simple addition and subtraction. Looking at this cartoon reminded me of our initial experiences, and my suggestions to "show your work."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can remember my dad preaching the same show your work lesson, but I do find that in math I'm probably more of a "...and then a miracle occured" person. Love the cartoon. Mom