Friday, April 09, 2010

Life: Live Your Life

This article from Downhill Both Ways (this author is a great story teller), deserves its own post. Try to read it, I think it will help your vision.

Isaac and I had a discussion regarding the difference between 'live' (we live in paradise) and 'live' (we would love to see Jimmy Buffett live in concert). However, after reading the article, I want to make sure I'm fully alive while I'm living.

The author's list of things he would like to do (if he took the time) makes me giggle.

  • I do want to live. I want to get down in it.
  • I want to wear my shoes out.
  • I want to get arrested for no reason and revel in the freedom of having a clear conscience in a jail cell.
  • I want to make friends at a truck stop
  • I want to thrill at the sight of a quarter or maybe I want a million dollars.
  • I want to start a band with my kids
  • I want to give away a million dollars
  • I want to take my wife to Newfoundland.
  • I want to get punched in the face (thanks to my chosen hobby, I get this desire filled frequently, it doesn't hurt as bad as you might think)


What Do You Want With All of Your Newly Found Time??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this! Let's get our hands muddy while we dig into life's essence. Besos.

Anonymous said...

I found this article that describes what I want to do with my upcoming extra time:

I have seen too many dear friends leave this world too soon; before they understood the great freedom that comes with aging.

Whose business is it if I choose to read or play on the computer until 4 AM and sleep until noon? I will dance with myself to those wonderful tunes of the 60 &70's, and if I, at the same time, wish to weep over a lost love .... I will.

[IMAGE]

I will walk the beach in a swim suit that is stretched over a bulging body, and will dive into the waves with abandon if I choose to, despite the pitying glances from the jet set. They, too, will get old.



I know I am sometimes forgetful. But there again, some of life is just as well forgotten. And I eventually remember the important things.

Sure, over the years my heart has been broken. How can your heart not break when you lose a loved one, or when a child suffers, or even when somebody's beloved pet gets hit by a car? But broken hearts are what give us strength and understanding and compassion. A heart never broken is pristine and sterile and will never know the joy of being imperfect. Mom