Thursday, April 15, 2010

Birthday: Happy Birthday Mom!

Happy Birthday Mom. You make us better children and better parents everyday. We love You.

Here is a quote she left on the blog several days ago which seems appropriate. This seems to be the link it came from but not sure. Also an appropriate picture, who doesn't like dimples, from Pioneer Woman's Photography competition.

I have seen too many dear friends leave this world too soon; before they understood the great freedom that comes with aging.

Whose business is it if I choose to read or play on the computer until 4 AM and sleep until noon? I will dance with myself to those wonderful tunes of the 60 &70's, and if I, at the same time, wish to weep over a lost love ... I will.

I will walk the beach in a swim suit that is stretched over a bulging body, and will dive into the waves with abandon if I choose to, despite the pitying glances from the jet set. They, too, will get old.

I know I am sometimes forgetful. But there again, some of life is just as well forgotten. And I eventually remember the important things.

Sure, over the years my heart has been broken. How can your heart not break when you lose a loved one, or when a child suffers, or even when somebody's beloved pet gets hit by a car? But broken hearts are what give us strength and understanding and compassion. A heart never broken is pristine and sterile and will never know the joy of being imperfect

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, son! It is indeed a great day. Loved my special song. Love, Mom

BrotherSister said...

Wow! This is phenomenal! I love it! I hope we can all get to this place in our lives sooner rather than later.

We love you, Mom!

Love, Nancy

Anonymous said...

I am forever touched. Thank you for sharing this. I love you all!

We celebrate YOU Mom H!!!!!!