Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Health Update

Yes, my triglyceride count was very high (exactly like my father's) 894, with slightly elevated cholesterol, and high blood pressure. It seems genetics plus the French fry diet wasn't doing the trick.

However, on Sunday, after the rugby game and a 20 mile bike ride with Denise, my blood pressure had decreased to 129/79, it was 150/100 at the doctor's office. This also comes after a few weeks on my new diet (I made it myself, no French fries, no sodas, no coffees, no ice cream - everything else is OK). I'm not sure how scientific it is, but its working.

On the same note, Denise and I made two dishes (pinto beans and roast) with our Valentine's slow cooker; strawberry and banana shakes with our blender, and homemade salsa with the food processor. We are SOOOOO Healthy. YEA!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hurray! For the drop in blood pressure, for the special diet that doesn't exclude fruits and vegetables and for the healthy at-home cooking. BH

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the drop in blood pressure! Michael's b.p. has been slightly elevated due to his migraine medicine, but we're working on it. Usually he can keep it in the o.k. range. He made a fantastic homemade tomato soup with cornbread for dinner the other night and a strawberry soup (more like smoothies) for breakfast that was better than any smoothie I've ever tasted. I'll get the recipe to share. He wants to make sure the baby is healthy along with the rest of us! :-) Keep up the great work! I'd love to go bike riding with you--Christian too, although I think about an hour is his limit right now. Faith can go in our bike trailer behind Michael, who has a seemingly unlimited amount of time he can ride! love you, N

Anonymous said...

Could you please send your homemade salsa recipe?? Thanks! N