Monday, January 24, 2005

Medicine

Lord Byron. "Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine."

Unfortunately, the only symptoms of hypertension are high blood pressure (at least for me). The doctor is ruling out possible causes with blood tests, chest x-rays, urinalysis, etc. The trial medicine which she gave me has reduced a high of ~150/105 to 125/88, after 3 days of use.

Denise and I also started the Atkins again on Sunday (along with a 4 mile run). We have to get lighter to keep up with her substantial marathon schedule. Speaking of marathons, here's one for Nancy and Michael; I wish we would have known about it sooner, it would make a good excuse to visit you guys.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent results so soon! Mine usually runs 120/88. Wouldn't it have been fun to run in Korea with Nancy and Michael--they also have mountains. Maybe Michael will be able to figure out what route they would have taken. Cathy Hughes says she needs a new picture of Isaac. BH

Anonymous said...

We just went to a show in the area of Seoul where they're having the marathon. It's a really pretty part of the city. I guess I won't be up for running 26 miles in March! :-) love, N