Friday, May 28, 2010

Quotes: Love and Failure

First, I welcome a frequent contributor and my personal lover, Denise. I finally figured out how to give her a log-in, so she can share her positive messages with the blog.

Next, a bizarre love quote. At least I think its a love quote.

I'm going to memorize your name and throw my head away. Oscar Levant

and another, don't forget, mistakes are synonymous with learning.
"No one talks of failure as anything but shameful; this is wrongheaded and foolish ... Mistakes are synonymous with learning. Failing is unavoidable. Making is a process, not an end. It is true that deep experience helps avoid problems, but mainly it gives you mental tools with which to solve inevitable problems when they come up."

-Tom Jennings, as quoted in Mark Frauenfelder's excellent new book, Made by Hand: Searching for Meaning in a Throwaway World

No comments: