Monday, June 12, 2006

Pilgramige Continued

Our pilgramige to South Texas is complete.  We drove nearly 800 total miles visiting The Basilica of Our lady of San Juan del Valle, Don Pedrito Jaramillo (we even witnessed a faith healer working), St. Jude Thaddeus in Pharr (beautiful gardens), and both of Denise's grandmothers in Beeville (thanks to the help of an oddly coincidental bunny rabbit leading our way).

My favorite was the Virgen de San Juan.  We walked the stations of the cross., and received a blessing from the priest finishing a mass.  I think this would be a great trip for all of our family, they even have a mariachi mass on Sunday and very close to Progresso and an excellent border crossing taco dinner.

I had a bit of an epiphany as to why Catholics ask intercession from the Blessed Mother, which seemed very relevant in our specific case.  Mary was both a mother and a wife.  No matter what happens with Denise's condition, she will play both roles in my life, and I will be better for it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love, Thank you for experiencing the pilgrimage with me. I feel so renewed. I know now no matter the outcome of my health concerns that we are truly blessed with such a beautiful love. I thank God daily for having you, Isaac, and our family involved in our lives. I love you infinitely.

Te Amo-
Denise