Friday, February 19, 2010

Business: Who Gets Your Attention

This article from Seth Godin describes which customers might be most beneficial to shower with your limited attention.

However, I can see the principal being applied in many areas. As consumers, we should also realize which behaviors may merit additional courtesies from our service providers.

On a note regarding service providers, do public teachers count as service providers? I think they should. I will keep Mr. Godin's attention principal in mind so that I can be an attractive customer to attract extra services.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Teachers are definitely service providers--one of the most important and most used services. I think that it does make a difference how you treat them -- as the old adage says "You can catch more flies with honey." It always helps to not put them on the defensive, as with any service provider. Mom