Friday, October 30, 2009

Grammar: Which versus That

After a meeting with Isaac's teachers several weeks ago, I realized that I might need a grammar refresher in the next few years.

While I'm totally cool with nouns, verbs, and adjectives; with "restrictive elements" and "relative pronouns", I need some help (My elementary school teachers would be so embarrassed right now). It turns out that there is a great podcast addressing this very issue, Grammar Girl.

Here's her take on "Which versus That."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know we do have an english teacher in our family and someone very close to you majored in english in college. Mom

Mark said...

I look forward to a blog from those people when they stop goofing off and retire already :)

BrotherSister said...

Speaking of an english teacher, Michael decided he wants to write a book when he retires. He's keeping a big notebook with ideas in it and it's already becoming quite full! He won't let me see any of it until he gets a full chapter actually written. Hmm, should be interesting! I'm glad he's doing something he loves!

Love you guys!

Nancy