Thursday, December 04, 2008

Quote: Spirit of Love

Today's quote of the day come from Gammy herself.  Actually, she says its one of my Grandpa's favorite quotes, and I must agree.

God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and a sound mind.  2 Timothy 1:7
This site, shows it in several languages, as well as different versions.  It is interesting to see the different interpretations of "sound mind"
  • New American - "discipline"
  • Douay-Rheims - "sobriety"
  • Darby - "wise discretion"
  • World - "self-control"
  • How about Latin - "et sobrietatis"
  • or Spanish - "de dominio propio" - of our own domain

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are still times in my life where I hear that guardian angel whispering that in my ear. Gammy

BrotherSister said...

Christian has had to say this verse over and over again whenever we have to face shots at the doctor's office!

Love, Nancy