Thursday, September 25, 2008

Economic Crisis? September 24, 2008

Here is the text from the President's speech last night regarding the economic bailout plan of Wall Street.


A quote from Republican Congressman Mike Pence from Indiana.
I must tell you, there are those in the public debate who have said that we must act now. The last time I heard that, I was on a used-car lot.  The truth is, every time somebody tells you that you've got to do the deal right now, it usually means they're going to get the better part of the deal.  source
I had a discussion at a party recently regarding many of the economic theories being thrown around in the discussion over the economy.  I thought it might prove useful reading for a review.
After reading through these economic theories, it seems apparent that no system can follow a rigid school of economic thought.  Instead most, including the President's proposed government bailout of Wall Street Capitalism, require a blended approach.

No comments: