Friday, May 26, 2006

Word of the Day - Namaste

I saw this word used in a written celebration of someone's life.  What an incredible word.  It is a Hindi word which is used in South Asia as a greeting.  Look at the potential meanings.  Incredible greeting to say to someone that 'I recognize that within each of us is a place where Divinity dwells, and when we are in that place, we are One.'

  • The Spirit in me meets the same Spirit in you
  • I greet that place where you and I are one.
  • I salute the divine in you
  • I salute the Light of God in you.
  • I bring together my body and soul, focusing my divine potential, and bow to the same potential within you.
  • I bow to the divine in you.
  • I recognize that within each of us is a place where Divinity dwells, and when we are in that place, we are One.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"I bring together my body and soul, focusing my divine potential, and bow to the same potential within you.....I recognize that within each of us is a place where Divinity dwells, and when we are in that place, we are One."

I love you my soulmate....-denise