Monday, February 28, 2011

Innovation: Wonder and Anger

Denise and I watched the "Social Network" movie this weekend. While I'm sure this movie can best be described as a creation myth for the Facebook application, what struck me most was the difference between the developer characters and the business characters.

Seth Godin's article today describes similar differences between Anger and Wonder. I say, let us be "wonderers" and makers.

Great innovations, powerful interactions and real art are often produced by someone in a state of wonder. Looking around with stars in your eyes and amazement at the tools that are available to you can inspire generosity and creativity and connection.

Anger, on the other hand, merely makes us smaller.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I liked this quote so much and am really going to try to remember it and practice it. Mom