Thursday, October 21, 2010

Thanks: Be Grateful

Found this quote in a new found blog (EveryDayIsAwesome - How's that for a title) from a story about "The Grateful Stone."

After a bit of conflict this week on the football team, I'm very grateful for the additional time I get to spend with my son while helping to coach his team. I'm also thankful for the lesson my wife taught me, that you don't always have to defend yourself. Sometimes walking away with a smile is good enough.

Every virtue divorced from thankfulness is maimed and limps along the spiritual road.” -John Henry Jowett

1 comment:

BrotherSister said...

There is so much to be thankful for. I try to begin every day and thank God for all of the amazing gifts I've been given in my life. Got some not great news about Michael's job tonight, so I'm really focusing on being thankful so I can continue to breath normally. :) Haven't told the kids or anyone else anything--just processing things myself first, I guess.

I hope all is well with the football practice. What happened?

Love you guys!

Nancy