Friday, July 31, 2009

Fathers and Sons

This article recounts the author's day with his sons watching Tiger Woods play golf. I really could care less about golf, but it reminds me of the precious time a father has with his son.

I was reminded just last night how precious and potentially fleeting this gift is. I love waking up in the morning with my son, putting on our old shoes and going hiking with him up to the coffee shop to play dominoes. I love going fishing with him at the local park and watching the sun set behind the trees just when the catfish start to bite. I love riding in the car with him, watching him play videos on the computer. I love teaching him about true love and honesty and respect.

While loving him in all of these ways, perhaps I am being selfish. After all, he also makes me a better person. However, I believe that he is a better person for it as well.

No comments: