Saturday, July 01, 2006

Isaac The Downhill Master

HuntsvilleIsaacWaterBreak
We toured the Huntsville State Park on the bikes on Friday. Another 7 miles with a twist, huge downhill runs with lots of roots on the trail.

Isaac was nothing less than totally radical. I often found myself with my hands on the brakes, only to look up at him spinning the pedals. All this while hurtling down the slope over huge root steps and cut-backs. It was truely spectacular (including some spectacular crashes, please see helmet Aunt Nancy).

HuntsvilleIsaacOnTheDam2
There was also a dam we crossed along the path, I thought Gammy would find this pick of her baby crossing with sure steps interesting.

WHAT A GREAT WEEK! Totally outdoors, at the state, and local parks. We have our copy of Walden Pond on order.

1 comment:

BrotherSister said...

Whew! you're killing me with that picture of Isaac on the dam! Wow! That's what dads are for, huh? Because us moms wimp out at this stuff! Oh yes, I'm so happy to see the helmet--not to be picky, but the strap does look a bit loose. :) HA! Love you guys!