Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Isaac's New Year's Resolution: Ecology

The Brough family would be proud. As we were discusing resolutions with Isaac, he proclaimed his was to 'take care of the Earth'. This prompted promisses from Denise and I to check out the recycling possibilities from the City of Houston waste disposal.

Also ran accross this article regarding new scientific evidence explaining the importance of location when planting new trees. Seems a new forest in the wrong location can actually heat up the atmosphere.

1 comment:

BrotherSister said...

Oh, we are so proud!! Soon you'll be bringing an extra plastic bag along on your walks or runs to collect recyclables off the ground. I can't believe Michael rubbed off on me so much that I actually do this! :) I checked out the website and the article on tree planting. I hope by planting our three trees we are doing good rather than harm! Looks like maybe only two of them will live, so we'll see.
Love you! Nancy