Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Salt of the Earth

Denise and I got our internet connection back this evening, and are sitting side by side browsing the internet. Isn't technology wonderful. I'm browsing through widipedia, amazing what you can discover following the links.

I somehow was following the sermon on the mount. Along with the beatitudes, and the Lord's prayer, is the phrase "the salt of the earth". I guess I've always taken this phrase to reflect some sort of humility or baseness. Actually, salt was very valuable during the Roman times, and even used for trade and money. To call someone the salt of the Earth, was a compliment describing their value and worth.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whenever I think of the "salt of the earth" people, especially because of their value and worth, I remember that I have been blessed with my mom and dad. BH