Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Document for Michael - How to be published quickly

One more comment on your paper Michael. Your mother mentioned when we saw her during the summer, that she found herself reading your papers with a dictionary in hand. I wanted you to see the power of the web. http://www.writely.com/View.aspx?docid=af65sc5fcjr

You can link words or phrases that you think might be difficult, or you want to give a concrete exemple of to web sites, or as I have done, a Google search. Click on your phrase 'jus ad bellum' or the Lieutenant Colonel Dave Grossman's name. This makes your document extremely dynamic, people can get as much out of it as they need.

I didn't want to publish your entire article, but will with your permission. Then, instead of giving people a copy, you can just give them a link. I've also made it so you can revise this copy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michael is out in the field, but I hope he gets to read this suggestion. Sounds cool! BH

Anonymous said...

Hey, Mark--

Fantastic! Linking is a great tool--very helpful, and it really "opens up" a document. If/when I write for the web, I'll enlist your help. There are a number of online philosophy resources, and maybe I'll get published on the web sometime.

We'd better not post the entire paper on the web now--there is something in the small print of my contract about not publishing it, and I'm pretty sure that means on the web, too.

Dude, this reminds me--did you check out the www.scottmccloud.com site? That does some very interesting stuff, and has some cool links.

Love y'all,

Michael